Just a reminder that the credit union will be closed tomorrow in observance of Good Friday.
2014 CFDCU Annual Meeting and BBQ is right around the corner!
Our Annual Meeting will be on May 15th at SMS Party Facility. Find out more..
Scam Alert! Please Read!
This is happening in the Midwest right now and moving across the country. This one is pretty slick, since they provide YOU with all the information, except the one piece they want. Note, the callers do not ask for your card number since they already have it. Here's how it works:
If you are contacted by anyone asking these sorts of questions, hang up. Then call VISA at 1-(800)-VISA-911 and/or call us at (704) 375-3950.
Online Shopping Tips
Here's a few tips to help you protect yourself while shopping online:
- Be Careful Where You Shop - Make sure that you're dealing with a reputable business. If you haven't used them before, search for the business name along with words like “review,” “complaint,” or “scam.” Be sure to read a few reviews — don’t rely on just one source.
- Be Sure of the Site - Make sure that you're on the actual website for the company in question. Sometimes, scammers will put up a clever copy of the real website in an attempt to get you to enter your credit card or other information.
- Know the terms. Find out what the refund/exchange policies are, and if there are any charges (like shipping costs or restocking fees) if you return a product.
- Pay by credit card. Credit cards give you protections that other methods of payment may not. If there’s a problem, you have the right to dispute charges and temporarily withhold payment while your dispute is investigated.
- Use secure checkout. Before you enter your credit card information online, check that the website address starts with “https”. The “s” stands for secure. If you don’t see the “s,” don’t enter your information.
For more information about staying safe online, visit the Federal Trade Commission Consumer Protection website.