2014 Retro BBQ - Thank You For Your Support
The Charlotte Firefighters Association Retro BBQ was a success. According to Terry Austin and Bob Summey, the event was well received and had a good turnout. The hope is that this will become an annual event that rivals those from the past.
So whether you bought food, volunteered your time, or helped in any way, thank you.
Recent Credit Card Security Breaches
Home Depot announced Sept. 8 that it was investigating a data breach that could affect debit and credit cards. We were alerted to this via our data processor and took immediate action by replacing cards that may have been compromised as a result of this breach. If your card was potentially exposed, you will have likely already received your new card(s).
Is there anything I need to do?
Please continue to use your CFDCU Debit and/or Credit Card with confidence. Should we have any concerns about your card, we will contact you, take immediate action to secure your information and send you a new card.
What can I do to protect my account?
It's wise to regularly review your purchases in HomeTeller or on your statement. If you see anything unusual, please contact us right away at 704-375-3950.
Online Shopping Tips
Here's a few tips to help you protect yourself while shopping online:
- Be Careful Where You Shop - Make sure that you're dealing with a reputable business. If you haven't used them before, search for the business name along with words like “review,” “complaint,” or “scam.” Be sure to read a few reviews — don’t rely on just one source.
- Be Sure of the Site - Make sure that you're on the actual website for the company in question. Sometimes, scammers will put up a clever copy of the real website in an attempt to get you to enter your credit card or other information.
- Know the terms. Find out what the refund/exchange policies are, and if there are any charges (like shipping costs or restocking fees) if you return a product.
- Pay by credit card. Credit cards give you protections that other methods of payment may not. If there’s a problem, you have the right to dispute charges and temporarily withhold payment while your dispute is investigated.
- Use secure checkout. Before you enter your credit card information online, check that the website address starts with “https”. The “s” stands for secure. If you don’t see the “s,” don’t enter your information.
For more information about staying safe online, visit the Federal Trade Commission Consumer Protection website.