What is Remote Deposit
Remote Deposit is a way for our HomeTeller users to deposit checks from home. You simply log in to HomeTeller, select the account suffix you wish to deposit funds into and enter the deposit information. When you're done, mail the item(s) to us here at the credit union and that's it! The funds are available immediately and it's free!
Who can use the service?
The service is available to HomeTeller users in good standing. Come by the credit union and speak to a member service representative and we can get you set up in a few minutes. If you're not a HomeTeller user, we can take care of that at the same time.
OK, I'm signed up. How do I make a deposit?
It's pretty simple. Let's say you have a check for $100 that you'd like to deposit to your account. You simply log in to HomeTeller and select "Deposit" from the drop-down beside the account you want to use, then click "Go".
This opens the deposit screen. Here you will enter the check information.
When completed, click the "Deposit Now" button. After the deposit is successfully submitted, a printable deposit slip, with a reference number is displayed. Please note the "Reference #" in the memo area of the check you are depositing.
- Make sure your check is endorsed. A good practice is to endorse the item "For Deposit Only".
- Mail your check(s) immediately as there will be a $30 fee for any checks not received within 10 calendar days from the deposit date.
- Please DO NOT SEND CASH!
- Each check item must be entered individually
- There is a $5000 limit on deposits
- Outstanding deposits may be viewed by clicking the "Hide/Show Deposits" button on the deposit screen. Once a check has been received at the credit union, it will automatically be removed from this list.
Charlotte Fire Department Credit Union Attn: Remote Deposit 2100 Commonwealth Avenue Charlotte, NC 28205