Remote Deposit Capture (RDC)
Remote Deposit Capture, or RDC, is a way to make deposits to your account using your smartphone camera and our CFDCU Mobile app. The ability to make deposits is part of a recent app update, so if you don't see that option, you'll need to update your app to the latest version.
Important Points to remember
- Make sure that the check has been properly endorsed 'For Remote Deposit Only. Account # _______." Failure to do so could result in the check being rejected.
- Deposits must be made by 4 PM. Deposits made after that time may not be reviewed until the next business day.
- Even if the app accepts the deposit, credit union staff have the final say and may still reject the item.
- If you are having trouble getting a good picture of the check, make sure that the check is laying flat, is the only thing in the picture, and that all the check edges can be seen.
- After the check has been deposited via RDC, write 'Mobile Deposited" on the front and retain the item for at least 10 days.
How to make a deposit
- Log in to CFDCU Mobile and go to the Menu.
- Select the Deposit option.
- From here you can review previous deposits or make a new deposit. Select Deposit
- The next screen displays deposit instructions.
- After reviewing the instructions carefully, tap the Got It! tab at the bottom.
- Select the suffix where you wish to deposit the funds.
- Select the type of check you are depositing.
- Enter the amount of the deposit.
- Take a picture of the front of the check.
- Take a picture of the back of the check.
- If you are satisfied with the deposit information, tap Next.
- The next screen is a deposit summary, including which suffix the deposit is for and the amount of the deposit. If this information is correct, tap Deposit. If not, tapCancel.
- After a moment, you should see a Success! message.
- That's it. If the deposit was successful you should see the funds in your account.
- Hold on to that check for at least 10 days to make sure that the deposit was accepted.
Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) Disclosure
- Before submitting your check, you must write the following written endorsement on the back: For Remote Deposit Only Account #_______.
- After submitting your check, you must visibly write 'Mobile Deposited' on the front of the check and retain the check for at least 10 calendar days. Do not attempt to deposit it again unless specifically requested to do so by CFDCU.
- You must submit items by 4:00pm Eastern Time on a regular business day for the deposit to be considered for that business day. Any items submitted after that time will not be reviewed until the following business day. Saturday and Sunday are not considered business days.
- We reserve the right to reject any item transmitted though this service, at our discretion, and we may limit the amount or number of items you can deposit with this service in a day or in a given period of time. If we doubt the collectability we may place holds until funds are received from the institution it is drawn upon.
- We are not liable for items we do not receive or for images that are not transmitted completely.
- If an item you transmit for deposit is dishonored, rejected or otherwise returned unpaid, you agree that we may charge back the amount of the return to the account the check was originally deposited to and you may be assessed a fee as disclosed in the credit union Fess Schedule. If there are not sufficient funds in your account to cover the amount of the returned check, the account will be overdrawn and you will be responsible for payment of related fees.
CFDCU’s liability for errors or omissions with respect to the data transmitted or printed by CFDCU will be limited to correcting the errors or omissions. You agree to your personal responsibility to ensure the security of the mobile device you own and use to access the service, which includes the security of any wireless or internet service or network you may be utilizing. You agree that CFDCU will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to damages for lost profits, goodwill, use data or other losses resulting from use of the service, inability to use the services, or termination of the services, incurred by you or any third party, regardless of the form of action or claim (whether contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise) even if CFDCU has been informed of the possibility thereof. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless CFDCU from any loss for breach of the warranty provision, such that you warrant to CFDCU that:
- a. You will only transmit eligible items that are properly endorsed,
- b. Images that meet the image quality standards,
- c. You will not transmit duplicate items,
- d. You will not deposit or re-present the original item once it has been scanned and sent through this service unless specifically requested to do so by CFDCU,
- e. All information you provide to CFDCU is accurate and true,
- f. CFDCU will not sustain a loss because you have deposited an image, and
- h. You will comply with the original and any subsequent provisions of the Agreement and all applicable rules, laws and regulations.