HomeTeller Password Reset if the Credit Union is Closed
Resetting your HomeTeller password is relatively easy to do. The process, outlined below, appears complicated but is actually fairly straightforward.
There are a couple of things to remember when using this system. You must have a Security Contact on file at the credit union. A Security Contact is the email address you will use to receive the reset code and temporary password required to complete the reset process. If you don't have one, or are not sure, call us today and we can set one up for you. Also you can have several contact addresses (home, work, etc).
Also it is important to remember that this only works for passwords, NOT security questions. If you are locked out because you answered the security question incorrectly, you will need to contact the credit union to get these reset during business hours.
Another thing to remember is that these codes and passwords are complicated and often difficult to type. The best thing to do is to Copy and Paste them when required.
Our system is setup so that you get 3 (three) chances per day to get the password correct. You will be locked out on the third attempt of that day.
For security questions, you only get 2 (two) chances to answer correctly. You will be locked out on the second incorrect attempt.
To Reset Your Password
- First open an internet browser and go to the HomeTeller login screen.
- Click on the “Forgot Password” link.
- Key in your User ID. If you do not know it, contact a Member Service Representative.
- Your email addresses will appear as a list of Security Contacts. These are configured by contacting a Member Service Representative.
- Select the Contact you want to use.
- A random secret code is sent to that Contact email address. The subject title will include “Security Code”. The Sender will include the Credit Union's name.
- Keeping the HomeTeller screen open, access your email via another browser window and copy the code by left clicking and dragging the cursor over the Security Code until it is highlighted, then right click on the highlighted area. A drop down menu will appear. Select Copy from that menu.
- On the HomeTeller screen right click in the Temporary Security Code box. The drop down menu will appear. Select Paste. The code will appear masked as a string of asterisks. Click the Continue button.
- A "Success" page will appear, with the message that a Temporary Password has been sent to the same Security Contact. Click “Complete” to go back to the HomeTeller sign-on screen.
- Keeping the HomeTeller sign-on screen open, access the e-mail account via another browser (or email program) and open the email that includes “Temporary Password” in the subject line.
- Copy the code by left clicking and dragging the cursor over the Temporary Password until it is highlighted, then right click on the highlighted area. A drop down menu will appear. Select Copy from that menu.
- On the HomeTeller sign-on screen enter User ID and paste Temporary Password into the login fields. Click the Log In button.
- When prompted to change Password, paste Temporary Password in Current Password field, then create and enter your new Password.
- Your password has now been reset.